Like us on Facebook
Terms & Conditions
"User" means the person or entity using the website.
"Owner" means MTQ Engine Systems (Aust) Pty Ltd ACN 089 558 878 which owns the Website.
"Service Provider" means the company providing the website content management system and hosting services to the Owner for the website.
"Website" means this website found at the URL: http:www.sonicperformance.com.au.
Agreement to be bound by Terms
It is a condition of use of this Website that Users agree to these Terms and Conditions.
By registering to use this Website Users agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
The User warrants that they are either the person, or in the case of a corporation, an authorised representative of the corporation, that is named as the User in the registration form for this Website. It is a breach of these Terms & Conditions and also a misrepresentation with potential civil and criminal consequences for a person to register as a User that they are not authorised to represent for this purpose. The Owner reserves the right at any stage to contact a User to confirm both the validity of the account and also the currency and security of the passwords used.
From time to time information that would normally be available through the Website (including supplier's catalogues) may not be able to be accessed online because of technical or other problems. The Owner and the Service Provider expressly excludes liability to any User of this Website in respect of the unavailability of content regardless of whether or not this unavailability is caused by the negligence of the Owner or the Service Provider.
Privacy and Storage of your personal information
It is necessary for the Owner to capture information about Users in order to provide the services offered through this Website. The use of the information and Users' rights in respect of it is set out in the Privacy Statement on this Website.
The User agrees to indemnify the Owner and the Service Provider against any claim for loss or damage of any kind by any third party arising out of, or in relation to, the use of the Website by the User.
All material on this site is the copyright of the Owner or the Service Provider and the copying or use of this information is not permitted unless prior written permission is received from the Owner.
Unless specified otherwise and in addition to any rights the User may have under statute, the Owner warrants to the User that all new goods (excluding third party goods and software), will be free from defects in materials and workmanship affecting normal use for a period of twelve months from invoice date ("Standard Warranty"). During the first 12 months from the invoice date, the Owner will repair or replace goods returned to the Owner if the goods are found to be faulty as per the conditions set out here.
The Standard Warranty by the Owner is subject to the following conditions:
- Proof of purchase must be supplied to claim warranty.
- All parts must be fitted by an authorised repairer or qualified technician approved by the Owner.
- The Owner does not warrant that goods purchased via the Website are fit for any particular purpose and it is the User's responsibility to ensure that goods to be purchased meet the User's requirements and expectations. The Owner will not refund or exchange goods that are not faulty but do not meet the requirements or expectations of the User.
- The Owner does not warrant that goods purchased via the Website are compliant with any particular laws or legal requirements. It is the User's responsibility to ensure that goods meet the legal requirements and specifications required for fitting or use in the User's location and to ensure that the goods are fitted or used in compliance with all laws and legal requirements in effect in the User's location. The Owner will not refund or exchange goods that are not faulty but do not meet the legal requirements and specification for use by the User or are removed or confiscated by any lawful authority.
- This Standard Warranty does not cover damage, fault, failure or malfunction due to external causes, including accident, wilful damage, abuse, misuse, problems with electrical power, usage and/or storage and/or installation not in accordance with goods instructions, failure to perform required preventive maintenance, normal wear and tear, fire, flood, war, act of God or any similar occurrence.
- This Standard Warranty immediately ends if there is any attempt by any person other than the Owner's personnel or any person authorised by the Owner, to adjust, repair or support the goods covered by the Standard Warranty. However the Owner may elect to honour the Standard Warranty nonetheless at the Owner's complete discretion.
- This Standard Warranty does not cover problems caused by use of parts and components not supplied by the Owner.
- This Standard Warranty does not cover any accessories or parts added to the goods after the goods are shipped from Owner.
- Users must prepay shipping and transportation charges, and insure the shipment or accept the liability of loss or damage during such shipment and transportation. If the goods are later found to be faulty then the Owner will refund the shipping and transportation costs paid by the User but only to the extent of the minimum cost of postage payable (ordinarily standard postage or shipping). The User will not be compensated for costs of express postage, air-mail, courier or personal costs.
- This Standard Warranty is given in place of all warranties, conditions, terms, undertakings and obligations implied by statute, common law, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise including warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for purpose, satisfactory quality and/or compliance with description, all of which are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Third Party Goods
In the case of third party goods purchased through the Owner, the manufacturer's warranty terms and conditions will apply.
Delivery of goods to the User occurs when the goods are delivered to the address nominated by the User in an order.
Goods are at the risk of the User from the moment they leave the Owner's premises. The Owner shall not be liable for any delay, damage or loss in delivery of the goods howsoever caused. Any dates quoted by the Owner for the delivery of the goods are indicative only.
Goods will only be insured at the User's request and all associated costs are to be paid by the User prior to shipping of the goods. In the event of a claim, the User accepts full responsibility for pursuing such claim.
If the Owner delivers less than the full quantity of goods ordered the User may not reject those goods delivered but the User is entitled to a refund of such part of the purchase price paid as corresponds to the goods not delivered. If the Owner delivers extra or different goods the User may reject only the extra or different goods.
Total Satisfaction Policy
A User who bought new goods manufactured by the Owner from the Owner directly may return the goods to the branch from which the goods was purchased within 7 days of the date of invoice for replacement or a refund or credit of the goods purchase price. This total satisfaction policy is subject to the following conditions:
- The refund or credit will not include any shipping and handling charges forming part of the purchase price.
- If the User bought the goods under a written agreement with the Owner, the agreement may contain different terms for the return of goods than specified by this policy and that agreement will override this policy to the extent of the inconsistency.
- In order to make use of this total satisfaction policy the User must contact the Owner within 2 days of receiving delivery of the goods to request a replacement or refund. If no contact has been made with the Owner within 2 days of receiving delivery, the goods will be deemed as being accepted by the User in their delivered state and condition and the total satisfaction policy will not apply.
- To return goods, the User must call the Owner to receive a Credit Return Authorization. Arrangements for the return will be made with the User at this time.
- Goods must be returned to the Owner within five days from the date of the Credit Return Authorization unless otherwise agreed between the parties.
- Goods to be returned remain at the risk of the User. Users must prepay shipping charges and insure the shipment or accept the liability of loss or damage during shipment.
- Goods must be returned to the Owner in their original packaging and in as new or as shipped condition, including conformance to the specifications set out in your invoice, and all of the manuals, and other items included with goods must be returned with it.
Neither party shall be liable for any delay in performing any of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions if such delay is caused by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the party so delaying, and such party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of time for the performance of such obligations.
The Owner shall not be liable in contract or in tort for any loss or damage suffered and Users rights are limited to those set out in these Terms and Conditions and under statute.
To the extent permitted by law, the Owner's total liability herein in respect of each event or series of connected events shall not exceed the total price paid for the purchase of goods and/or services under these Terms and Conditions.
The User shall indemnify the Owner and keep the Owner fully and effectively indemnified against any loss of or damage to any property or injury to or death of any persons caused by any negligent act or omission or wilful misconduct of the User, its employees, agents or sub-contractors or by any breach of its contractual obligations arising out of these Terms and Conditions.
Any service response times stated by the Owner in any goods orders are approximate only and the Owner shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from its failure to meet such response times, howsoever occasioned.
To the extent permitted by law, any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other documents or information issued by the Owner shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the Owner.
Under the Trade Practices Act 1974 ("the Act"), where implied conditions and warranties cannot be excluded, the Owner's liability for breach of such conditions and warranties (other than a condition or warranty implied by section 69 of the Act) shall be limited, at the Owner sole discretion, to:
(a) in the case of goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; the repair of such goods; the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; OR
(b) in the case of services, the supplying of services again; or the payment of the cost of having services supplied again.
Any prices shows on this Website are subject to change without notice to the User. Whilst all effort is made to keep pricing on this Website up to date it is possible at times it may be out of date. As such prices on this Website should only be considered as an "invitation to treat" rather than as an offer to provide the goods at these prices. User's orders and payment of goods will be deemed to be an offer and acceptance only takes place when the Owner accepts the order. This Website automatically sends an order confirmation email to Users who have placed orders on the Website but such confirmation email is merely an acknowledgement of receipt of the User's offer and not an acceptance of the Offer and does not commit the Owner to supply goods and services at the prices contained in the offer. Acceptance of User's offers will be communicated by separate correspondence or by telephone call.
In this clause the expressions "GST", "input tax credit", "tax invoice", "recipient" and "taxable supply" have the meanings given to those expressions in the New Tax System, (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999.
With the exception of any amount payable under this clause, unless otherwise expressly stated all amounts stated to be payable by the User under these terms and conditions are exclusive of GST.
If GST is imposed on any supply made under or in accordance with these terms and conditions, the recipient of the taxable supply must pay to the Owner an additional amount equal to the GST payable on or for the taxable supply. Payment of the additional amount will be made at the same time as payment for the taxable supply is required to be made in accordance with this document, subject to the provision of a tax invoice.
Unless credit terms have been agreed to by the Owner which are governed by separate terms and conditions to the ones herein, payment for the goods or services shall be made in full and cleared prior to delivery of any goods or services. Users shall pay for all shipping and handling charges including any additional charges including local levies, taxes and duties.
Retention of Title
Notwithstanding the requirement for goods to be paid in full before delivery, property and title in the goods will not pass to the User until those goods and all other amounts owed by the User to the Owner have been paid in full and until then the User will hold the goods as fiduciary and bailee for the Owner and the Owner may require the User to return the goods to it on demand and may enter upon the premises of the User to inspect or repossess the goods.
This Website uses xe.com to provide the currency conversion calculation tool. Conversions shown on this website are approximate values and are to be taken as a guide only. We do not take any responsibility for bank charges, conversion charges or transaction charges associated with the transaction placed on this website. All transactions are processed in Australian Dollars.
Credit Card transactions are processed in Australian Dollars using:
(a) payment pages which comply with the Industry standard and use TSL 1.0 (SSL 3.0);
(b) a 128-bit SSL encryption; and
(c) secure SSL tunnel to connect to the payment gateway.
In the event that the whole or any part or parts of any clause in these Terms & Conditions is found not to be enforceable by a Court then such clause or part thereof shall be to that extent severed from these Terms & Conditions without effect to the validity and enforceability of the remainder of these Terms & Conditions.
Notices to be given under these Terms & Conditions may be given personally or in writing by posting the notice to the following address:
(a) for a notice to the Owner: PO Box 322 Acacia Ridge Queensland Australia 4110; and
(b) for a notice to the User: the address for the User as contained in the order form.
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in Brisbane, Australia.
The parties agree that proceedings may be commenced in any court in Brisbane, Australia and consent to that court having jurisdiction by virtue of this Clause despite the court would not having such jurisdiction without this consent.